me -

everything & anything that motivates me to be healthy.... day in, day out.

Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012



have been obsessed with herbal tea lately... more than usual :P soo good & refreshing. not to mention packed with nutrients :)

Noted Benefits of Herbal Teas

[link]

Firstly, it is important to note that there is a huge array of herbal teas available on the market – each one designed to have a specific therapeutic or medicinal benefit.  However, there are some general benefits that can be obtained from herbal teas, and these include:
  • achieving a more calm and relaxed state of mind
  • supporting heart health
  • aiding with stomach and digestive problems
  • providing cleansing properties for the body
  • promoting energy and wellness
  • nourishing the nervous system
  • strengthening the immune system
  • providing antioxidants to the body
  • boosting energy levels and invigorating the body
  • relieving stress
  • helping to avoid colds
  • stimulating the internal organs
  • promoting a good night’s sleep
  • it is caffeine free and tastes great 
 

 

i. want. those. abs. :)

I got to sleep in today till 6:30am which was really nice, after having 4 days in a row of 5am shifts.  Though i still feel like I can SO go back to bed right now.  But I really don't want to waste the day so I still got up early. It's crazy how 6am is a sleep in for me!

 

Yesterday I worked in the morning, came home and basically crashed. I felt like a ZOMBIE. I am house sitting for my parents at the moment & their dog (though gorgeous and beautiful and cute) WON'T. STOP. BARKING. it just paces around the yard hyperactive. 


anyhoo brekky yesterday was my rye toast/peanut butter/banana/honey combo and a homemade mocha

lunch when i got home was:

a protein shake 
3 egg omelette with spinach, rocket, chilli flakes & parmesan cheese



 

I topped my omelette with some tomato salsa

 after gobbling this down, i passed out on the bed for a good hour and a half.

then i had to drag myself out again because it was gym time :)

after the gym, visited ASN because Nick needed a new tub of Xtend, stayed for a chat with the boys then rushed home to cook dinner

on the menu:
Moroccan Salmon
Steamed asparagus & broccolini

 

It was soooooo good, i haven't had fresh salmon in a while & canned ones just do not compare. 
this dinner was so quick and easy. 
I used Masterfoods Moroccan seasoning which you can buy from the supermarket herbs & spices aisle

yummm

 

 

hope you guys have a good day, the weekend is almost here!!!!

looking forward to my bestie's baby shower and.. (randomly).. Pash party afterwards haha should provide some good laughs :)

 

 

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment