me -

everything & anything that motivates me to be healthy.... day in, day out.

Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

 

Since my last post, I have beat my personal record in Deadlifts :)
75 kg 1 rep max

 

I did a workout before trying this out. the workout included deadlifts so i thought why not try set a new PB
so I warmed up with 55kg, then 60 kg, then 65kg... pumped myself up for 70kg..did 2 reps of that then the big 75 yay :)

 

(how cool is that Kettlebell!!??)

--------

so lately (4 weeks ago), I started eating low carb to prepare myself for a photoshoot.
long story short, i was doing well until this 4 week mark and i think i have hit a slump.
(which was bound to come some time, right?)
this week i have half-assed my workouts, eaten more carbs (healthy ones still), had 1 cheat treat
and have been a negative bum.  i am not liking it at allllllllll.
i am getting bored of the workouts, the eating and my mind was starting to see carbs as "BAD"
which is NOT what i want. i have been down that road before and i was a nutcase
and it has taken me YEARS to see food as something good for my body.
so I am going to improvise a bit.  going to have healthy carbs for brekky and lunch 
eg. oats for breakfast and rye bread or brown rice with my lunch
then for dinner just my usual meat and veg which i am quite used to now.
BUT to compensate for this and still keep up fat loss, i am going to intensify my training
which should be good since i will now have energy again. 

I really would rather be happy through this journey than be sulky on the day of the photoshoot and be over critical 
of my body which has been working so hard.  :)

 
 
 doing this Bodybuilding.com workout today 

Day 1: Upper Body

PushupsPushups

Pushups

Muscle Targeted: Chest
2 sets of 15 reps

Side Lateral RaiseSide Lateral Raise

Side Lateral Raise

Muscle Targeted: Shoulders
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Dumbbell Bench PressDumbbell Bench Press

Dumbbell Bench Press

Muscle Targeted: Chest
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Tricep Dumbbell KickbackTricep Dumbbell Kickback

Tricep Dumbbell Kickback

Muscle Targeted: Triceps
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Seated Cable RowsSeated Cable Rows

Seated Cable Rows

Muscle Targeted: Middle Back
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Alternate Hammer CurlAlternate Hammer Curl

Alternate Hammer Curl

Muscle Targeted: Biceps
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Hyperextensions (Back Extensions)Hyperextensions (Back Extensions)

Hyperextensions (Back Extensions)

Muscle Targeted: Lower Back
3 sets of 10-12 reps

Air BikeAir Bike

Air Bike

Muscle Targeted: Abdominals
3 sets of 10-12 reps

StairmasterStairmaster

Stairmaster - Moderate

Muscle Targeted: Quadriceps
20 minutes


though I will do something different for my cardio.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment