If you haven't already tried goji berries, go buy them!
they're available (dried) from grocery stores or chemists.
* Contains 19 amino acids the building blocks of protein including all eight that are essential for life.
* Contains 21 trace minerals, including germanium, an anti-cancer trace mineral rarely found in foods.
* Contains more protein than whole wheat (13 percent).
* Contains a complete spectrum of antioxidant carotenoids, including beta-carotene (a better source than even carrots!) and zeaxanthin (protects the eyes). Goji berries are the richest source of carotenoids of all known foods.
* Contains Vitamin C at higher levels than even those found in oranges.
* Contains B-complex vitamins, necessary for converting food into energy.
* Contains Vitamin E (very rarely found in fruits, only in grains and seeds).
* Contains Beta-Sitosterol, an anti-inflammatory agent. Beta-Sitosterol also lowers cholesterol and has been used to treat sexual impotence and prostate enlargement.
* Contains essential fatty acids, which are required for the body’s production of hormones and for the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system.
* Contains Cyperone, a sesquiterpene that benefits the heart and blood pressure, alleviates menstrual discomfort, and has been used in the treatment of cervical cancer.
* Contains Solavetivone, a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial compound.
* Contains Physalin, a natural compound that is active against all major types of leukemia. It has been shown to increase splenic natural killer cell activity in normal and tumor-bearing mice, with broad-spectrum anti-cancer effect. It has also been used as a treatment for hepatitis B.
* Contains Betaine, which is used by the liver to produce choline, a compound that calms nervousness, enhances memory, promotes muscle growth, and protects against fatty liver disease. Betaine also provides methyl groups in the body’s energy reactions and can help reduce levels of homocysteine, a prime risk factor in heart disease. It also protects DNA.
off to work soon, i have planned Friday's crossfit session out and downloaded all
the music i will need. getting excited! more & more people are showing
their interest in it so i hope to pull a good number then :]
50 Pull ups
(I increased my weight woo!!!)
50 Pull ups
umm yeah this was insanely painful. :D