me -

everything & anything that motivates me to be healthy.... day in, day out.

Friday, June 24, 2011

July 24, 2011

 

 

 
Rachel Mac. Fitness Model. ugh she's so hot it makes me sick :P
 posting this bit from www.bodybuilding.com for my own benefit and motivation:

In late 2009, after struggling for months to get leaner, I was eating just 1300 calories a day and spending 90 minutes a day, six days a week on the elliptical. I was exhausted and often sick, and I didn't know why my body wasn't responding positively to my efforts. I was down about my body and my efforts, and I considered just giving up on being healthy all together.

My boyfriend noticed that I was constantly run down, and that the happiness I'd felt about my transformation was wearing away as I grew more frustrated with my efforts to tone up. He was very fit himself, and seemed to know exactly what to do to add muscle and stay lean. He suggested that I start eating more food, especially protein, and spend just 45 minutes per day in the gym. But there was a catch: I could only lift weights. No cardio.
When I refused, he dared me: "Try it for one month. If you don't like the way you look when you're done, you can go back to doing what you're doing. How much damage can you possibly do in one month?" At 24% body fat with no signs that I'd be able to change the situation on my own, I accepted the challenge.

So I started lifting weights-heavy weights-and I increased my protein intake once again, bringing my caloric intake up to 1700 calories per day, in part, with the help of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. I started a four-day weight-training split, lifting back and biceps one day, chest and triceps the next, shoulders and abs the third, and spending the last day on my lower body. I feared these changes would make me bulky and muscular.

The process made me nervous, but my body changed so quickly-and so positively-I didn't have time to question whether I had made the right choice. I went from 24% body fat to 18% in just five weeks. I was hooked. I had tightened up all over and was finally gaining the muscle tone I'd been desperate for. 

 

-------------------------------------------
 
(never use exercise as a punishment.  it will set you up for a negative mental attitude!  If you overeat one day, don't punish yourself with exercise.  Keep going as you normally would and just eat healthily at your NEXT meal, not the day/week after.  Life WILL get in the way and SHIT happens.  Put yourself back in a positive frame of mind and just get back into your routine.  One step back, two steps forward!) 

 

 

 

 

Crossover

Bored of using your jump rope to, well, just jump rope? There are tons of ways to use this simple piece of equipment to get a full-body workout. 

The first trick to try is the crossover, done by jumping rope as usual and then crossing your arms in front of you while the rope is in the air. 

Adding the crossover will challenge your jumping ability and shift the rope-turning work from your biceps to your shoulders and forearms.  

Tip: Alternate regular jumps with crossovers at first and then try keeping your arms crossed. 

 

Single Leg Hop

You'll really feel the burn in your calf if you jump on one leg for 30 seconds (and then the other). Tip: Work up to a full minute on each leg for serious muscle sculpting. 

 

--------------------------------------------
 

 

 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein
 
 
"...at only 70 calories, one egg provides 20 essential nutrients, precious fat-soluble vitamins and high-quality protein, which is important for those on low-calorie or vegetarian diets. Given all that good news, isn't it time we put eggs back on the menu? Eggs-actly."


Eggs Florentine
Brush whole-grain bread with honey mustard; top with fresh spinach. Bring 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon white vinegar to a boil. Crack egg into a small cup and then pour into boiling water; cook 3-5 minutes; serve poached egg atop spinach.


Smoked-Salmon Omelet
Whisk together 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon water, salt and pepper. Pour into hot skillet; turn pan to coat. When bottom is done, top one half with 1/3 cup diced smoked salmon and 1 tablespoon each drained capers and nonfat sour cream. Fold over; heat through. Sprinkle with dill.



French Toast
Dunk 2 slices whole-grain bread into mixture of 1 egg, 1/4 cup nonfat milk and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; brown both sides in hot nonstick skillet; serve with maple syrup.

 

------------------------------------
ok off to study/gym/start my weekend!
having birthday dinner and drinks tomorrow night with some friends 
mmm cocktails.
hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and enjoy the school holidays for those
of you who have kiddies :)





 








No comments:

Post a Comment