me -

everything & anything that motivates me to be healthy.... day in, day out.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23, 2011


this will be a quick post cos I gotta go to Body Attack this morning!
so pumped for it :D
Body Attack:

From the Les Mills website

"BODYATTACK™ is the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor!"

this class is so fast-paced and such a killer that you KNOW it works! 




Got this article in the inbox today and thought I'd share a few of my faves.
Here's the link for the rest of it..


1. Gradually rehab your eating habits.
Drastic changes are nearly impossible to maintain. A smarter approach? Add a new nutritious food to your diet each week. "Try a recipe that uses leafy vegetables like kale, or switch to filling, high-fiber grains like whole wheat pasta," suggests Harper. Cut out one unhealthy thing each week as well.

I've done this SO many times with a ton of different foods.
I have trained my taste buds to like foods I never used to eat
(or drink)
e.g. green tea.  I heard it was good for the body
so I started drinking it... at first with a low-cal sweetener
then gradually decreased the amount that I would mix in, 
until one day I could drink it straight and actually like it!
I've changed my way of thinking about food - I see
foods as medicine for my body, armed with the nutrients
to make me glow and live LONGER.

3. Be realistic.
If it's been ages since you exercised, don't vow to jog three miles a day. Start small: Go for a walk three times a week. Tackling little goals will inspire you to take on larger ones.

People these days just want quick-fixes.   This tells me they're not ready 
for a healthy lifestyle... you have to change your mind and switch it from
thinking you have to go on a diet which has an expiry date to living a healthy
LIFESTYLE which you can maintain forever (trust me, your metabolism
will praise you for it). You don't have to cut out carbs or
cry every time you see sugar or never eat this & that...
SMALL changes towards a healthier life will get you to where you want to be.
I started out by just walking my dog whenever I could.
I didn't put pressure on myself, I just concentrated on
each meal/each day as it came, and made sure I made the healthier choice.
You will fall down once in a while but that is NO reason
to go back to trashing your body & treating it like a night club.
Yes I know I babble lol my point is take baby steps, accept your mistakes
and move on. You will get there! :)

8. Trick yourself into exercising.
Think you're too tired to work up a sweat? Tell yourself you'll exercise for just 15 minutes. It doesn't feel intimidating. Plus, once your blood starts flowing and the endorphins kick in, chances are you'll get more energy and want to go longer, says Michaels.

I've done this countless times :D
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't wanna exercise!!!"
*cry, whinge, tantrum*
But I realise time & time again that the hardest part of exercising at times, is just 
getting your foot out that door. Once you're dressed and out,
you're so much more motivated to push yourself.  Try it :p

13. Don't obsess over the scale.
Instead, find an item in your closet that's too snug and use it to track your weight loss. "When you try on something that was once tight and discover it fits, that's more gratifying than any number," says Harper.
 I haven't weighed myself in 2-3 years. I used to be so obsessed
with it.  I would start with weekly weigh ins.  Then that would
slowly evolve into every 3 days. Then daily. man, I drove
myself CRAZY obsessing with numbers. It is NOT worth it.
Now i go by how my clothes fit & how I feel and how many
bottles of water I've chugged down and how many servings
of veggies i've devoured. There are other ways to measure
success :)

14. Remind yourself of this bottom line every day:
"Exercise is not about getting in a workout on a Wednesday," says Michaels. "It's about adding 20 years to your life."

Amen.

There's so many more good tips on that site.  Check it out!
Inspire yourself! Get motivatedddddddddddddddddd. :)
Off to gym! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment