me -

everything & anything that motivates me to be healthy.... day in, day out.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Leg routine that had me walking like a grandma


i went to the gym yesterday and tried this leg routine
from bodybuilding.com.  needless to say my legs were screaming for 
mercy and today they are as painful as ever [and i love it haha]
in case anyone was interested, here it is:

Day 1 - Legs

squats - 3-5 sets 5-8 reps heavy weights
leg press - 3-5 sets 5-8 reps heavy weights
REST 3-5 mins
jump squats 3 sets 10-15 reps
standing calf raises 4 sets 12-15 reps
tempo hamstring curls
     slow 30 secs heavy weights (3 0 3) 2 sets
     fast 45 secs light weights (1 0 1) 1 set
Interval sprints
    after workout, even on different day
    aim to sprint 10-20 secs 100%
    REST 30-60 secs accordingly

i did the max sets & max reps but you can adjust to suit your needs etc.

1 comment:

  1. I did one similar not long ago.. along with a spinning class.. i fell down the stairs because my legs didnt want to move properly hahaha

    skinny-feels-good.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete